Bus Travelling tips in India
- Check the route and ensure its safe to travel from that route if you are travelling in night.
Avoid window seat during winter.
- Count your bags before boarding the bus and count them again before you leave.
Prepare yourself as soon as you expect your destination is about to come.
- Empty your bladder before boarding and also do so during bus journey.
- Try to get window seat during summer.
- Keep basic medicines along with you.
- Keep some snacks and energy drink with you.
- Avoid open food at bus stops.
- Keep an eye on your bags during the journey.
- Do not leave your bags with any stranger.
- Keep your seat clean during the journey.
- Another important tip is that, if you are booking online then try to read the reviews of bus service provider prior to the booking.
- Try to book your seat location in advance through online booking. This will give you the flexibility of getting your own choice seat.
Keep one bag under your legs for better safety.
- Bus journey is comfortable in large groups because you spend your time in talking to your known friends. Hence try to get people along with you during bus journey.
- Keep good collection of your favourite songs in your cell phone or mp3 player. Also do not forget to carry your earphone with you.
Make a list in advance for all the items which you would be carrying during the bus journey. Check this list prior to leaving your home to make sure that you have not missed any thing.
- While coming down at intermediate bus stops, always ask the bus conductor about the break timing and come back at your seat just two to three minutes before.
- Do not take any food items from strangers or neighbours. No matter how close you have come during the journey.
- Another tip is that when your destination is about to come just be ready with your bags and count all the items. Most of the people do this mistake and they forget their items in the bus.
- Take cell number of bus conductor. In case you miss the bus at any stop then it will help you to track him or catch the bus at some other stop.
- Get cell number of the bus conductor. In case you miss some thing in the bus then you can reach the conductor and ask him to keep your belonging with him.
- In case you want to take a longer break at some bus stop due to natures call then inform the bus conductor about it so that he will wait for you.
- Try to avoid taking back seats because this makes the ride more bumpy.
- Do not eat any gas causing food on the day of journey.
- Keep your money at the safest place and always beware of pick pockets.
- In case your family got splitted during automatic seat assigment then make a humble request and try for seat exchange so that all of you can sit togather.
- Dress yourself comfortably so that you don’t get tired because of long journey.
Pack as light as you can and try to avoid taking unnecessary items with you which will make your journey uncomfortable and tiring.
- Take some tissue papers with you. This will help you to clean your seat or your hands during the journey.